Jass' Blueberry Mint Summer Salad
This summer, I have been loving all of the local produce!
We have really made it our mission to shop as local as possible for all of our produce and meats. In my opinion local produce can be better than organic produce from the US as it does not have to go through that travel period. The more travelling our produce needs to make, the more nutrients it loses.
Here’s the salad I have been loving lately:
2 cups spinach (you can use any leafy green)
1 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup local wild blueberries
2 tbsp diced red onion
1 sliced radishes (for colour)
A handful of micro greens
3-4 mint leaves
1 tbsp Olive or avocado oil
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
Add the ingredients into a big bowl. You can whisk the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, oil and spices together beforehand and then just add it to the salad when you’re ready to eat!
Let me know if you try this recipe out!
Written by Jass Stupak, CNP
Jass Stupak is a Holistic Nutritionist from Vancouver, BC. Jass is the owner and founder of Nourish with Jass, her private practice, where she specializes in gut health and candidiasis for women.
Get safe, effective natural products that have been stringently evaluated by experts at Vitarock. Founded by a fellow mom, Alicja is one of Canada’s most respected experts in natural product quality and safety. Every product at Vitarock has been proven safe, pure, green and fair. Come shop with confidence.
Share this post!
- Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts 200 g Manitoba Harvest$11.49
- The Good Bean Balsamic Herb Favas+Peas 6-pack 170g The Good Bean$34.79
- Three Farmers Roasted Chickpeas Lightly Salted 120 g Three Farmers$4.99
- Sundhed Himalayan Salt Coarse in Grinder 250 g Sundhed$6.79
- Organic Traditions Pumpkin Seeds, Jumbo 227g Organic TraditionsRegular Price $13.99 Special Price $12.59
- Lahmar Olive Oil Organic EVOO Sweet 500ml Lahmar Olive OilRegular Price $13.89 Special Price $12.50Out of stock